Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Snow


There is always something surreal that comes with the first snow fall. To me, it is the defining line between wrenching and riding to mostly just turning the wrench. I know there are some that ride through all the seasons. I am not one of them. However, I do have a great respect for the skills needed to do so. Simply put, my balls are not that big. They just hang closer to the ground with age. Temperatures are a different story. As long as the streets are clear of snow and ice I will suit up and ride. Kinda like a junkie that can finally get a fix.

Of course there is much that does not change with the seasons. There will still be time spent daily feeding my interweb addiction. The search for old parts, trading and selling of the same, blog mouthing and research into the claims that appear on Facebook. I think I may have some blathering rant on that topic in the future. The positive aspects of Fb? There is one. It serves as a handy tool to keep track of my now grown children and my loved ones.

We have been running the wood stoves at both the home and the shop for a couple weeks now. At home she burns 24-7. I do love wood heat.

The holidays are just around the corner so, here is to more time spent inside. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment