Saturday, March 1, 2014

Studio

I have been traveling much of late but have finally settled at our family home in Vacaville CA. The Wheeler Ranch is a magical place of which I am sure I will comment upon more in the future. With a layover at Dark Hollow Studios in Medford OR last weekend, I was able to do some engineering and lay down some bass/drum tracks to a song I have been working on. "Robins and Crows" started as a vocal/acoustic guitar piece that I am now trying to take to the next level, so to speak.

I arrived at the ranch Monday afternoon and by Tuesday we were laying tracks with Half-N-Half and playing around with mic placement, gear and other such sundry "have to do's". Wednesday brought heavy rain that ruined any chance of recording out in the shop and has continued up to this writing. The metal roof of dads shop saw to that. In the mean time I have been working on my Mastering suite and acoustically treating the basement mix area in the family home.

Here are a few pics of our setup. It needs a little more refinement but overall, I am happy with the results to tape so far.











PsychoManifesto Music Production

4 comments:

  1. You should be nick named music man not wheelman.. Miss your face brother..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. :) Miss you too Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bean! Steve is home and we get back to tracking the album today. Very Stoked!

    ReplyDelete